Sunday 2 November 2008

People Power : Obama and the Internet Generation

(a humorous look at Barack Obama's website)

It seems to me that Barack Obama has used the Internet like never before to mobilise his supporters. He has raised around half a billion $ so far online mostly in small donations of around $100. So I thought I would take a look at his website. I can only imagine how easily he would have won the election if he had had a decent website! Firstly it took about 5 minutes to find it. Various web searches such as 'Obama Internet' 'obama net' showed nothing. I eventually found it: www.barackobama.com I really was amazed. The home page contains no Keywords that you might expect i.e) Change, 'Barack Obama' etc. This was obviously why it was hard to find. Also the front page took a very long time to load. Surely with 3 days until the election it would have been worth him spending some of the $ Billion Dollars on upgrading his server! I am sure he is getting a lot of hits but really... Also the splash screen just crashed. I appeal to Barack to hire us to fix his site before it too late. Barack give me a call now, please :-)

A review of John MaCain’s site to follow...

No comments: